Notice of Construction
July 03, 2019
The Houtzdale Municipal Authority will be replacing the water mains which currently provide water service to your community. You will begin to see contractors in your area as soon as the week of July 8th for surveying and photographing of existing lines. The scope of the project will include the installation of approximately 19,000 linear feet of new 8-inch water mains, meter pits and Sensus meters.
- Construction is scheduled to begin immediately. (July 15, 2019 thru July 2020)
- Construction activities will generally take place between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend work is not planned at this time, but may be necessary to expedite the project.
- Upon completion of the water main installation, restoration of street surfaces, landscaping and grassed areas will be completed by our contractor.
- During all working hours, affected roads will have at least one 12-ft wide lane of traffic maintained at all times.
- Access to all properties will be maintained, but may be difficult at times.
- Expect delays in and around the construction area. Plan travel time accordingly to avoid stress and frustration.
- Noise, dirt and vibrations are normal with this type of construction.
- Children are often curious about construction work. Please keep them away from machinery, trenches and pits at all times to avoid accidents.
If you have any questions about this project or about property restoration, please contact:
Houtzdale Municipal Authority office @ 378-8131